This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encrypting Kubuntu

I would like to encrypt my Kubuntu partition and have it require a USB key to boot. I have looked around but cannot seem to find anything on this subject and was wondering if the nice people of the Kubuntu community would be able to help me.

Re: Encrypting Kubuntu

I'm not sure this is exactly what you want. It is obsolete. I haven't tried it myslef, but it looks do-able to a superficial reader.

Comment

Except for the USB key thing, here's a pretty good method. That USB key approach would make me nervous -- one lost or dead USB key and your data is a boat anchor.

Comment

Sorry, I guess my initial post was a bit vague. What I am looking to do is; partition my 160gb hard disk into three partitions. One containing my Windows XP installation, one containing my Kubuntu installation and the third containing empty space (formatted with an NTFS filesystem). I would like it to be set up so my Kubuntu partition is encrypted and when Kubuntu is chosen from the boot menu, it will only decrypt and boot if a USB key with a password file is inserted.

Hope that helps clarify things

Comment

Working...
        X