X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GUI system backup and restore for Lucid and 4.4.2

http://clonezilla.org/
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I don't like clonezilla - it's limitations are a drag.

Partimage, available with SystemRescueCD, is, IMO, a much better backup utility. For one, it doesn't require that the backup destination be of the same size as the backup source, which clonezilla requires.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        I don't like clonezilla - it's limitations are a drag.

Partimage, available with SystemRescueCD, is, IMO, a much better backup utility. For one, it doesn't require that the backup destination be of the same size as the backup source, which clonezilla requires.
        SystemRescueCD I have. Nice tool!

Partimage
        does not support ext4
        EXT4 is now the default fs on LL, unless the user specifically selects EXT2 OR EXT3 or ReiserFS.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
          Partimage
          does not support ext4
          EXT4 is now the default fs on LL, unless the user specifically selects EXT2 OR EXT3 or ReiserFS.
          True. Each backup utility has pluses and minuses to be sure. Nothing is 'perfect.' But for me, I'm sticking with ext3. It's a tried and true FS. ext4 is still to developmental for me.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X