This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What 10.10 Needs: Boot to RAM

10.10 needs a 'boot to ram' option for it's install. Imagine Kubuntu running on RAM like Puppy Linux and open apps in a blink of an eye.
    Most computers can handle it these days. I just bought my desktop with 8gb of RAM on it just aching for some action.
    It would take some effort to get it all streamlined making it friendly to newer users.

I know it's already possible on the current Ubuntu with some work. But, I'm talking about making it a user-friendly option from the get-go.

Now we've got the LTS out of the way it's time to have a little fun. What do you guys think? Stupid?

fyi: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BootToRAM

Re: What 10.10 Needs: Boot to RAM

that could be fun.......mite take a good bit of ram ....but fun.

it could be a boot option on the cd like a cheet code.......as I think wolvix MCNlive puppy DSL and slax to I think do.

just remember to derect downloads to the HD insted of the desktop (witch is in ram) or you can choke thing's up quick.......LOL

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: What 10.10 Needs: Boot to RAM

Oi vay... We could change the way that the kernel loads so that it disappears up its own er - well posterior and re-boot the memory from a different direction and have a blow-out and go warp-speed. I mean have you ever seen a meerkat walk slowly? Of course not... they move like sugar off a shovel !
      Terabyte<br /><br />Non sibi sed omnibus (Not for oneself, but for all)

Comment

Working...
      X