This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kTorrent vs qBittorrent

I myself have only use a torrent application rarely, and since I've been using Linux, I am not sure I have ever used one.

kTorrent is the default torrent application that comes with Kubuntu. But, qBittorrent is also out there. What are the pros and cons for each? Does one perform better than the other?
    kTorrent is better
    0%
    qBittorrent is better
    100.00%
    Both work equally well
    0%
    I don't use a torrent client
    0%
    What's a 'torrent'?
    0%
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: kTorrent vs qBittorrent

i haven't used qbittorrent..
    on my windoze machine i used utorrent.
    but i am happy with ktorrent. 8)
    asus A52N
    Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
    windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

I have tried both and between the two I can't think of any functional differences.... then again, I rarely mess with the settings unless I need to throttle my up/download speed depending on what work I'm doing.

I guess there are a few reasons that I stuck with KTorrent instead of QTorrent:
      1) KTorrent was installed by default (lazy? maybe :P )
      2) It maintains the same look & feel as the rest of my K desktop
      3) It integrates (in my opinion anyway) better with KDE than QTorrent (just the odd quirks, nothing substantial)

I wouldn't say either is better than the other, it just comes down to a personal preference and what is easier on your eye.

Cheers
      Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

Well never used qBittorrent but transmission was installed with Gnome and I dont like it.

I do use Ktorrent every day and it works just great it's varey similar to Utorrent in windows and esey to use. it suports UPnP, block lists (will use peargardian list's) speed caping, encripted conections, bla bla bla ......it dose a lot

and have never had a problem with it.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Only ever used Ktorrent and only learned of the qtorrent. I rarely use torrents and ktorrent works very well and comes already installed. Abit like my music player has always been amarok, media burner is k3b, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X