X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu gaming made easy

PlayDeb.net Beta - Welcome

Interesting site. Lots of games for those interested in such. Worth taking a look at.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Ubuntu gaming made easy

Very handy for installing games. Only problem it's not working for me. I installed the play-deb package but when you click to install the game firefox opens a page with an error saying Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (apt) isn't associated with any program.

Comment

I think you may want to enable the protocol by following the instructions in the AptURL article. I've never done this though, so YMMV.

Otherwise, follow the instructions on the PlayDeb page to manually enable the repository.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Installed apturl (surprised the amount of gnome dependencies it needs) but still firefox will not recognise the apt command. Still it's possible to install the games with synaptic/kpackagekit and they will be downloaded from playdeb.

Comment

I like this service. Unfortunately, I changed the repository to Hardy instead of Karmic because I'm running Hardy. And only a few of those games are available for it.

Guess I can wait until it's time to upgrade. Not too long now!

Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
          Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
          Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

PlayDeb.net appears to be offline. I can't get to the website, and the repositories won't update. It's been like this for a couple of days. Does anybody know what's going on?

Comment

Yes, the server is down. No definite word on when it will be back, although I feel confident it is just a temporary down time.
              Welcome newbies!
              Verify the ISO
              Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

While you are waiting for the server to come up again, do have a look at "Linux Gaming News" - http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/
                "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
                  I feel confident it is just a temporary down time.
                  I hope so. It's a great site.

Comment

Uh-oh... PlayDeb.net is now showing up as a 404.

Edit: Never mind, that was just their welcome page. Trying the main site and I see this message: "We are working to get our services online soon. - The GetDeb Team"

Comment

Working...
                    X