This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live cd won't start

i wanna start using kubuntu, so i downloaded the live CD just to chek kubuntu out. then i burned it and put cd in the cddrive . then i read that all i need to do is to leave the cd in my drive and restart my computer and a kubuntu demo should run insted of windows.
    This is a Live Kubuntu CD that can be run directly from your CD drive. Simply leave this CD in your drive and reboot the computer to run a demo of Kubuntu. Nothing will be installed on your computer, nor will your current system be altered in any way.
    but yet it didnt happen . after the restart the windows starts working and not the kubuntu, though i have the live cd in my drive. any help?

Re: live cd won't start

First, make sure that when you burned the Live CD ISO you downloaded, you burned it as a CD image, and not as a Data CD.

Second, make sure that your computer is set to boot first from the CD rather than the Hard Disk. You can set this in the BIOS setup (the one where you press DEL or F2 when you start up the computer).
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

yes i burned it as an CD image...

i m kinda afraid touching the bios, but i'l chek it out. thanks for the help.

Comment

ok i set my bios to boot from the cd and every thing worked fine. i have to say kubuntu is a great operating system, alot better then windows xp and of course it free!!! i will start using it when the version 6 will come out.

is there a way to make the kubuntu manu in hebrew?

because the way i see it languege is the only opstical that keeps me not using kubuntu. cuz windows is on all the lengueges.

Comment

I know that there are Kubuntu users in Israel, so I assume that you can install "i18n" packages for Hebrew. Please search this website (middle blue button above), the Ubuntu wiki at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/, and the Ubuntu forums at http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

Comment

Open Adept, and click the refresh (first button). This updates all the available packages that you can install. Now type in language-pack-he and download that, as well as typing in language-support-he and installing that.

Of course, if you want to use the command line, you can just open the konsole (under System in the K menu) and type
            Code:
            sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install language-support-he language-pack-he
            <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Working...
            X