Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu and Sony Ericsson mobile phones (MMC card problem)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu and Sony Ericsson mobile phones (MMC card problem)

I'm thinking of getting myself a new mobile probably Sony Ericsson W660.
    But I have some doubts if it will work with my Kubuntu...
    Sony Ericsson uses mmc card and not SD I know that SD works but not sure about MMC.
    But that's not that much of a problem, because it has an software for getting MP3 form computer to mobile, but again I am not sure if it will work (with wine).
    The third option is Bluetooth which isn't an option as my computer has no bluetooth.
    I'm hopping that MMC works
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Re: Kubuntu and Sony Ericsson mobile phones (MMC card problem)

I have a Sony Ericsson K800i which is id correctly under kinfo. When the phone is plugged in you can chose file transfer and it will be seen as just another removable hard disc. Cut and paste to transfer MP3/videos or photos or you can use Digicam for the transfer of videos and photos.I'm yet to find how to get it id under amarok so i can play the MP3 on the phone but suspect it's slightly fiddly. BTW i'm using HH with KDE4 remix.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu and Sony Ericsson mobile phones (MMC card problem)

Originally posted by assettt
      I have a Sony Ericsson K800i which is id correctly under kinfo. When the phone is plugged in you can chose file transfer and it will be seen as just another removable hard disc. Cut and paste to transfer MP3/videos or photos or you can use Digicam for the transfer of videos and photos.I'm yet to find how to get it id under amarok so i can play the MP3 on the phone but suspect it's slightly fiddly. BTW i'm using HH with KDE4 remix.
      Thanks that helped, I just wanted to hear that it works...
      I use HH with 3.5 and 4.0.4, so probably there will not be any problems...
      I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Working...
      X