X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.1 Beta 1

Anyone know more ?

KDE 4.1 Beta1 Release Announcement
    Community volunteers and Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 4.0.80 (Beta 1) for most Linux distributions, and Mac OS X and Windows...

- Kubuntu packages are in preparation.
    When, where ??

More Intrepid Ibex and KDE links: Intrepid Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.1
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Re: KDE 4.1 Beta 1

And the answers is:

Hardy KDE 4.1 Beta Packages Soon
    http://blog.nixternal.com/2008.05.28...packages-soon/
    It seems the popular question these past two days are, “Are there any KDE 4.1 Beta 1 packages yet?”
    The answer is, soon! I am working on building the packages now and will hopefully have them all complete within the next couple of days. There are a lot of changes that need to be done to the packages for the 4.1 Betas, so I am taking my time making sure to catch all of them before releasing the packages to the world.
    A little patience is all I ask and as soon as they are complete, I will blog about them here and also keep checking Kubuntu.org for a release announcement. Thanks!
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Here is another thread about the same thing. There is actual a comment by one that they were working on the packages. Don't know if that is an official Developer. But interesting none the less.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...seen#msg133184

Edit: Just read your link. Seems to be one in the same. Cool, he posts here.

Comment

Hwrr! Me not have patience!

I'm aching to try it but experience have taught me to tread lightly when it comes to compiling stuff. I guess I best put kubuntu.org as my new (temporary) homepage.
        KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Tick...Tock...Tick..Tock

Yeah, I feel the same. Regardless, I'm waiting. I really hope the kubuntu guys integrate this well. I really want some of my controls back.

Comment

Seems to have just been released.

Originally posted by kubuntu.org
            KDE 4.1 Beta 1 Packages Available

Thu, 05 Jun 2008
            KDE 4.1 beta 1 has been released and packages are available for Kubuntu 8.04.
            KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Just saw that. I wonder who has installed? Can't wait to get home to start installing.

Hope there aren't to many problems.

Comment

AAAA! I just tried to install KDE4.1beta and while this was being done I decided to turn off compiz and get to know the plasma desktop effects better. Well I by trying some things I crashed the plasma and probably Kwin and couldn't access Yakuake where updating to KDE4.1 was taking place. I thought the best thing is to log out and back in and continue with installation thet didn't work. But it said to repair I have to write:
                Code:
                sudo apt-get -f install
                I did that and then I logout and back in just to witness the fatal crash of plasma:
                Code:
                Application: Delovno okolje plazme (plasma), signal SIGSEGV
                (no debugging symbols found)
                [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
                [New Thread 0xb4aa8740 (LWP 9755)]
                [New Thread 0xb1708b90 (LWP 9767)]
                [New Thread 0xb3118b90 (LWP 9758)]
                (no debugging symbols found)
                [KCrash handler]
                #6 0xb76b2f14 in QObject::connect () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
                #7 0xb233ec15 in ?? ()
                 from /usr/lib/kde4/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_systemtray.so
                #8 0xb6ce9d92 in QApplication::x11ProcessEvent () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
                #9 0xb6d133ba in ?? () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
                #10 0xb5a19bf8 in g_main_context_dispatch () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
                #11 0xb5a1ce5e in ?? () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
                #12 0xb5a1d3ac in g_main_context_iteration () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
                #13 0xb76caf98 in QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents ()
                 from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
                #14 0xb6d131b5 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
                #15 0xb769e92d in QEventLoop::processEvents () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
                #16 0xb769eabd in QEventLoop::exec () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
                #17 0xb76a0d3d in QCoreApplication::exec () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
                #18 0xb6c7f567 in QApplication::exec () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
                #19 0xb7f79456 in kdemain () from /usr/lib/kde4/lib/libkdeinit4_plasma.so
                #20 0x08048582 in _start ()
                #0 0xb7f91410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
                So for now I'm back at 3.5.9 and I did
                Code:
                sudo apt-get autoremove
                Maybe now it will work...
                If not any idea how to make it work re-install plasma or something else??
                Thanks for help
                EDIT: I delited .KDE4 folder and now it works... barely Hopefully it will get better.
                EDIT 2: It's getting late and the problems are just getting bigger. My plasma crashed again, but thankfully my yakuake works so I can access everything through it... I killed the plasma but when I want to restart this happens:
                Code:
                <unknown program name>(10182)/ checkComposite: Plasma has an argb visual 0x8062268 52428801
                <unknown program name>(10182)/ checkComposite: Plasma can use COMPOSITE for effects on 0x805ad88
                So don't know what to do.. I'll probably sleep this over I think it will be for the best.
                I&#39;m magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Working...
                X