Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

    Kubuntu Gutsy 32-bit
    Kubuntu Feisty 32-bit

    KTorrent is installed, and works. I've used it to download *ubuntu torrents. When I select the torrent for Mint Linux, the Status reported in KTorrent is:

    Could not connect to host www.lintelligence.de (port 2710)

    The Tracker that gets loaded is:

    http://www.lintelligence.de:2710/announce:6881/announce

    The problem exists, running either version of Kubuntu.

    Has/is anyone else experiencing problems downloading Mint Linux torrents using KTorrent?
    Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    Windows no longer obstruct my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

    #2
    Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

    the tracker looks to be down. If this persists, I think that linuxtracker probably has one that may not be using the same tracker.
    Self-built: Asus PRIME B550M-K/Ryzen 5600GT/32Gb/Intel ARC B580 12Gb/KDE neon
    HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini: i5-7500T(35w)/32Gb/Kubuntu LTS
    HP Chromebook 14: i5-1135G7/8Gb/512Gb SSD/KDE Linux​

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

      Appears to be the case on LinuxTracker as well. Status is reported as Offline and it is also pointing to http://www.lintelligence.de:2710/announce:6881/announce

      Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
      Windows no longer obstruct my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

        yeah, all their torrents on that tracker look to be down
        they probably have info on http://www.lintelligence.de but its in german
        Self-built: Asus PRIME B550M-K/Ryzen 5600GT/32Gb/Intel ARC B580 12Gb/KDE neon
        HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini: i5-7500T(35w)/32Gb/Kubuntu LTS
        HP Chromebook 14: i5-1135G7/8Gb/512Gb SSD/KDE Linux​

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

          There's no info there about trackers being down or something like that (I can read German )
          If I go to http://www.lintelligence.de/downloadcenter.html it looks like I can download a torrent from there. I didn't actually download it, but it starts kTorrent and looks okay.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

            Nope. Followed the links to the torrent file, and the same result in KTorrent.
            Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
            Windows no longer obstruct my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

              Of course, the normal ftp links still work
              Though I do prefer torrents so i can share the load
              Self-built: Asus PRIME B550M-K/Ryzen 5600GT/32Gb/Intel ARC B580 12Gb/KDE neon
              HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini: i5-7500T(35w)/32Gb/Kubuntu LTS
              HP Chromebook 14: i5-1135G7/8Gb/512Gb SSD/KDE Linux​

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Can't download Mint Linux torrent using KTorrent

                I emailed them this afternoon, letting them know about the problem.
                Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
                Windows no longer obstruct my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

                Comment

                Users Viewing This Topic

                Collapse

                There are 0 users viewing this topic.

                Working...
                X