Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kdebase package not installed but I have a full KDE Desktop - Why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    kdebase package not installed but I have a full KDE Desktop - Why?

    Was looking at a post concerning a broken kde applet, so out of curiosity looked at the kde* packages I had installed (Adept Manager). I was surprised to see that
    kdebase
    is not installed. The following kde* packages are installed:

    kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdebluetooth
    My KDE desktop is fully functional - all applications within the K Menu are there and work. So why isn't the kdebase package installed? I've done nothing with the kde environment (have not added/removed any kde* packages), I have what I have via an initial new install of FF.
    Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    Windows no longer obstruct my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

    #2
    Re: kdebase package not installed but I have a full KDE Desktop - Why?

    kdebase is a metapackage, and doesn't contain any actual software. It's merely a sort of container for the basic set of KDE packages. You can install those packages separately without kdebase, which is the situation you have.

    Eric
    Eric

    Comment


      #3
      Re: kdebase package not installed but I have a full KDE Desktop - Why?

      Thank you. Guess I would have realized that myself if I had read closely, the description of the package:
      This metapackage...
      So, in the initial installation, from LiveCD, the individual packages are installed without using the metapackage.
      Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
      Windows no longer obstruct my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

      Comment


        #4
        Re: kdebase package not installed but I have a full KDE Desktop - Why?

        I believe (meaning I could be wrong) that what the live CD installs is the meta-package "kubuntu-desktop".

        Comment

        Users Viewing This Topic

        Collapse

        There are 0 users viewing this topic.

        Working...
        X