This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

390 packages upgraded - everything smooth

I decided to leave Discover & snap on my system just to see how it works.
    This is the first time I let Discover & snap do the update.
    Didn't loose anything. Everything works smoothly.
    Snapd.service added 5 secs to my boot time, giving me 10.6 seconds to display the graphical target.

I've also been playing with FireFox 92. I had to go into about:config and remove the Yahoo and Gmail template names and then made "thunderbird" as the mailto.0.name and "/home/jerry/thunderbird/thunderbird/To=%s" as the mailto.0.uriTemplate value. Then I went into System Settings and made sure that Thunderbird was the default email application. The mailto extension I am using is "Send To Mail". It captures the headline of a webpage as the subject line in the email and the URL is in the message body. I usually copy & paste text to add underneath the url.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    I've also been playing with FireFox 92. I had to go into about:config and remove the Yahoo and Gmail template names and then made "thunderbird" as the mailto.0.name and "/home/jerry/thunderbird/thunderbird/To=%s" as the mailto.0.uriTemplate value. Then I went into System Settings and made sure that Thunderbird was the default email application. The mailto extension I am using is "Send To Mail". It captures the headline of a webpage as the subject line in the email and the URL is in the message body. I usually copy & paste text to add underneath the url.
    Can you please explain what you're doing here? Are you forwarding a link to a web page to someone else with
    the web page title as the mail subject
    and
    the url (plus some copied text from the article)?

If that's correct, do you really need the Send to Mail extension? Firefox comes with its own built-in Send to Email button which you can drag onto your Firefox toolbar: hamburger (☰) > more tools > customize toolbar.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Yes that is what I am doing ... and ... no, using FF's Send To Mail extension didn't work with my ISP's imap email system, which is why I did what I did. Perhaps if I was using POP3 FF's might have worked
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X