This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 9th Unstable ISO Wayland Issue

This simplified installer boot faster, same after. Starts with Plasma 5.22.80 and it has only one bug, Logout reverts to desktop and is not working. Wayland from switch user is not working either.

Wayland ends in a black screen that restarts with the magic key only.

All is well for the rest. Neon behaves like a Focal base and it was our first attempt ever. I was looking for Grub 2.06, but no trace.

Code:
    Operating System: KDE neon Unstable Edition
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.80
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.83.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.3
    Kernel Version: 5.13.0-051300rc5daily20210612-generic (64-bit)
    Graphics Platform: X11
    Not bad at all,

A more stable plasma would be had using User Edition. Glitches like you see are going to be fairly common, and possibly finding new ones on a daily basis at times

Plasma 5.22 has been pretty good on my laptop so far in Wayland, but I still have yet to give it a real workout on my PC with multiple monitors, activities, and Latte profiles. Basically the Steam game I am playing will not load in a Wayland session (Deus Ex, the native Feral Linux port), though I am sure I can work around that. Last I tried it, my non-native games (Metro Exodus and Bioshock 2) ran just fine in Wayland.

Plasma 5.22.80 means it is 5.23 pre-pre-alpha

Now, Neon really needs to get the malliit virtual keyboard out of Unstable into User, and fix the ISO's recent btrfs install fails.

Comment

Wayland works with the guess account, not the admin one. I get the same effect after creating it. Just to let them know.

The rest is noise free.

Comment

Originally posted by Radcliff View Post
        Just to let them know.
        They definitely won't hear about it from posting here, bugs.kde.org would be where they would notice.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          They definitely won't hear about it from posting here, bugs.kde.org would be where they would notice.
          They should read who posted bugs here. Anyway, I'm not the only one with this issue. Plus, Wayland is still not an act of God yet.

Still not working after frameworks 5.84 updates. The guess account has no wired connection, so really out of order. Plus, tweaking settings (Wayland) brings Dr. Konqi twice with one crash of system settings. Typical to dot 80 or dot 90.

The good news of the day is a database error in the previous rc-5 Kernel that was fixed with today's Kernel.
          Last edited by claydoh; Jun 13, 2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radcliff View Post
            They should read who posted bugs here. Anyway, I'm not the only one with this issue. Plus, Wayland is still not an act of God yet.

Still not working after frameworks 5.84 updates. The guess account has no wired connection, so really out of order. Plus, tweaking settings (Wayland) brings Dr. Konqi twice with one crash of system settings. Typical to dot 80 or dot 90.

The good news of the day is a database error in the previous rc-5 Kernel that was fixed with today's Kernel.
            Why would KDE Neon's devs look at an unofficial Kubuntu forum that has no connection or affiliation to Neon in any way? How would they even know that Kubuntuforums even has a Neon section? Just saying
            And of course the 'vanilla' unmodified, unofficial kernels you are using have zero connection to Neon development in any way, and only partial relevance to Ubuntu development.

Apologies for messing up your last post. I wanna blame the forum for having smaller fonts than the rest of the internet, but it really is because I was wearing my glasses, which I do not need when I am at the desk, at least my current bifocal prescription is wrong for this use.

Comment

Working...
            X