This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Neon on a chromebook

Gave up using my chromebook because the KDE part was installed using ?task-kde-desktop? ie. all or nothing.

I ?think? that yesterday I read a post which had instructions for adding the appropriate neon repository to chromebook. Have looked thru numerous posts without success so was hoping someone may also have seen it and could link it here.

Thanks

?think? !! It may have just been a dream. Why didn?t I just buy a decent laptop rather than chromebook?

Solved - it was on KDE forums - suggested by Claydoh hence my confusion!!
    Last edited by Worzel; May 09, 2021, 05:04 AM. Reason: Solved

I stopped installing full Linux on my Chromebooks as most all new-ish ones simply do not have sound support, and likely won't, and this part is very necessary for me . Plus the built-in Linux container allows me to run those applications I want to run on it, in addition to Android apps. So in a sense triple-booting without the '-booting' part

My favorite laptop of all time was my all-aluminum Acer Chromebook 13. Only cost me $150 used, with one ding on the bottom. It felt great to use, I loved the keyboard. But alas, it had no real horsepower. My Lenovo 500e is lice enough, touch screen, a pen etc. But it is new enough, and rugged. But no Linux audio support.

Comment

Working...
    X