This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't access Google Drive

Even after today's massive update to KDE I still cannot access Google from KDE Settings and still get the "unable to process the request" error!

Will this ever be fixed? 😕

I'm loathe to move to GTK but at least it works!

Pop!_OS?

Feeling grumpy today, must be the cold weather! I should move to Thailand, at least it's hot all year round! 🤣
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Beerislife; Dec 14, 2020, 09:11 PM.
    Constant change is here to stay!

It is not kio-gdrive that seems to be the issue, it is the version of a utility called signond in Ubuntu 20.04 is a version that is broken for Google (or more likely Google broke it), Neon can't keep and maintain this sort of thing.
    It breaks this in Kubuntu as well.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426034
    Look down to the last comments, seems to be fixed in 'proposed', which means it will be coming as an update soon, or soon-ish.

One can temporarily enable 'proposed', install the specific packages, and then remove 'proposed'.

add the line to your sources.list;

Code:
    deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ focal-proposed restricted main multiverse universe
    run sudo apt update

Do NOT do a full-upgrade, or update using Discover, we don't want to install any other testing bits here, just what we need:

sudo apt install signond libsignon-qt5-1 libsignon-extension1 signon-plugin-password libsignon-plugins-common1 -t focal-proposed

remove the line you added to your sources.list

run apt update again, and (probably ) reboot, and try adding your google account again.

works for me on my neon system

Comment

Right, yes, I remember reading about signond not too long ago. Strange how I can forget so quickly! It must be the cold freeezing up my last remaining brain-cell.

Temp goes down, BP goes up and I get irritable! :-)

I shall wait patiently, I don't want to mess around and screw up my system...

Cheers!

Comment

Finally! Finally, I dragged myself out of my lethargic stupor to apply that fix and now it's fixed! For now...

Comment

Working...
        X