This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype keyring blues

I autostart Skype at logon and up til a recent re-install, all worked well, altho I'm not sure why. Skype came right up without asking for any password.

Since reinstalling the latest Neon and then, of course, Skype, the damn thing always asks for my keyring password, a minor but annoying nuisance. The worst thing is that, while that window is open, no other window is accessible. The keyring password window hogs the system. (Hmmm, it's MS now...)

I first went into ~/.local/share/keyrings moved everything to a temporary directory. Then I restarted Skype, which asked me to define a keyring pw. Lo, a file Default_keyring.keyring was created. So this is the Skype keyring. I have no idea what all the others are.

I used the trick many of you have recommended, giving the keyring file the same pw as Skype and now It seems I don't have to enter it. At least not after a restart of Skype, as I have yet to log out and try it.

TIA for any comments.

Speaking of interfering with the system, when I try to log out or shut down, it fails with the message that Clementing (music player) has cancelled the shutdown. What nerve! Shouldn't the shutdown command ... well, like, do a shutdown?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Following a possible lead here i deleted all the .gpg files in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d. Seems to work well now. Skype no longer provokes the keyring pw dialog.

Remains to be seen if it will be good after a restart. If not, I will post.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Nope, on this morning's boot Skype again wanted the %^&*I() keyring. ANd to boot, I can't do an apt update, but more on that in another post.

Comment

Working...
      X