X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Scripting help needed

Hello,

I have this problem with my KDE Neon release. My kubuntu-driver-manager never finishes collecting infomation. I have found a solution for that at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1853804. Simply running

sudo update-apt-xapian-index

before launching kubuntu-driver-manager will solve the issue. My question is whether I can automate this action to be run automatically after logging in. Best in background and without user intervention (i.e. without repeatedly typing password). I guess this could be done with the use of an autostart script. However, I have no idea how to create such a script. Can anyone help?

Something to try first is to ditch the quite old kubuntu-driver-manager (it goes back to at least 16.04 the last time it was updated), and be able to ditch the otherwise unneeded apt-xapian-index is to get rid of both and use the current implementation software-properties-qt tool.
    They integrated the driver manager into the software sources tool, and made it usable in both Kubuntu and Lubuntu. It does not use apt-xapian index.

Once installed, you get to it from the software sources button in Discover's Settings section.

Works fine in Neon, though my screenie is sort of useless for the purpose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201022_0917.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	644892

Comment

Thanks a lot. It is working.

Comment

Working...
      X