This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display for users with poor vision

I need suggestions as to how to improve the display for someone with poor vision.

My wife suffers from AMD. We have already set her display size to 1280x720 to increase character size, which sometimes gives problems because the "Apply" button is not on the screen. But the worst is the file menu on the left-hand side of many apps or in Dolphin. I can't find a way to increase the size of those or to increase their contrast.

Nor can I find a theme of any sort to increase the contrast.

As discussed elsewhere on this forum (discussion now closed), many web sites use grey characters on white or off-white background -- which is pleasant for those of us lucky enough to have no vision problems. For the others, it's hell. IMO, there should always be something to do to increase the contrast on such sites. A Firefox plugin does this fairly well, but it does not seem to have any effect on, say, a Wordpress page. I can't find such an extension at all for Chrome.

I have finally convinced my wife to let me install Kubuntu/Neon on her computer and I don't want to have to go back to ... that other system.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Originally posted by joneall View Post
    But the worst is the file menu on the left-hand side of many apps or in Dolphin. I can't find a way to increase the size of those or to increase their contrast.
    1: Please post an image of the Dolphin screen so we can get an idea of the problem.

This is the contrast I have (on Kubuntu 20.04):

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201019164047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	644888

2: which Firefox plugin, which Wordpress page?
    Last edited by chimak111; Oct 19, 2020, 05:14 AM.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
    X