This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE neon location

I just read from another forum that KDE neon's user forums and docs are at kde.org. I was under the impression that it was here. I've never been to kde.org to look for neon anything.
    Weren't the developers of neon originally from Kubuntu? And don't they post here more often than kde.org?

The reason I'm asking is that other forum complains about kde.org questions go unanswered regarding neon.
    Shouldn't Distrowatch reflect this forum over kde.org?
    Boot Info Script

I look at this forum and the one you referenced: https://forum.kde.org/index.php
    KDE Neon posts get answered there. Bug reports are not always handled well however at https://bugs.kde.org/

Comment

Originally posted by verndog View Post
      I just read from another forum that KDE neon's user forums and docs are at kde.org. I was under the impression that it was here. I've never been to kde.org to look for neon anything.
      Weren't the developers of neon originally from Kubuntu? And don't they post here more often than kde.org?
      No, KFN is not an official forum for Neon, they did open a section on the official KDE user support forum. Yes, the dev team was the original team that created Kubuntu. But they left quite some time ago. Realistically, there is no connection between Kubuntu and Neon outside of this history.
      The Neon devs don't post here , and seldom post on the official KDE user forum, either. They favor IRC/Telegram. As a User forum, people are relegated to whatever the users themselves provide. Just like here.

The reason I'm asking is that other forum complains about kde.org questions go unanswered regarding neon.
      Shouldn't Distrowatch reflect this forum over kde.org?
      No, this is not an official forum for Neon.

Heck, KFN is not an 'official' Kubuntu forum, for that matter. Completely independent from Kubuntu/Ubuntu. No one here interacts with Kubuntu much, or vice versa. I was once on the Kubuntu council, and have been an official Kubuntu Member for quite some tine due to my long time providing user support via mail lists, irc, KFN, etc over the years.
      I really should step down from that, I don't even boot that old Kubuntu box anymore. Or use IRC etc.

I will argue that questions go answered over on the KDE forums. Especially as I try to answer questions there very often.
      It does not help that people don't bother to even browse for similar topics at all. Ever.

I will be a bit rude about this topic, but people forget that Neon is NOT a distro. There is no support team. And many of the users on the KDE forum are, in my honest, experienced, and completely biased opinion, are............stupid.
      Let me rephrase that. KDE's forum, being unrelated to any specific distro, has a vast majority of users who don't use Neon, or any *buntu related OS. Most Neon users on KDE's forums have no clue about *buntu related systems. They seem (again imnsho) incapable of, or unwilling to, learning even the most basic aspects of using and managing an Ubuntu-like system. Or even a Debian-like one. I can't be the only person who somewhat knows their way around an Ubuntu based os running Plasma over there.

If or until a forum's user base develops the knowledge and skills to provide help ,to each other, it will be messy.

The Neon section on KDE's forums chaps my hiney nearly every day. I have to go to Reddit to cleanse my palate , and I fear that frustrated feeling I get will start having an effect on my interactions here.

Too late
      Sorry for the rant.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        >>>I have to go to Reddit to cleanse my palate ,>>>.
        I feel your pain but haven't yet figured out where to go to cleanse my palate after going to reddit. My comics page I guess.
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
          I feel your pain but haven't yet figured out where to go to cleanse my palate after going to reddit. My comics page I guess.
          The subs I visit are mostly well mannered ones. The Linux related ones are usually good. I even get actual 'thanks you's quite often.

Comment

Thanks for the knowledgeable input!
            The forum I was referring to is a Windows forum with Linux as a sub-forum?! I never(rarely) go to kde.org. Didn't even know neon questions get answered there.
            Boot Info Script

Comment

Too late
              Sorry for the rant.
              Completely understand! Really, have the same issue at work.

I think in general people are becoming more stupid everyday. IMO.

Comment

Once upon a time, I thought that KDE.org might be useful. Burned the tee shirt.

There are several Linux forums that address a variety of *buntu interests, issues, and questions. Some are pretty good, some, well, not so much ...
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

No, KFN is not an official forum for Neon, they did open a section on the official KDE user support forum. Yes, the dev team was the original team that created Kubuntu. But they left quite some time ago. Realistically, there is no connection between Kubuntu and Neon outside of this history.
                  The Neon devs don't post here , and seldom post on the official KDE user forum, either. They favor IRC/Telegram. As a User forum, people are relegated to whatever the users themselves provide. Just like here.

No, this is not an official forum for Neon.

Heck, KFN is not an 'official' Kubuntu forum, for that matter. Completely independent from Kubuntu/Ubuntu. No one here interacts with Kubuntu much, or vice versa. I was once on the Kubuntu council, and have been an official Kubuntu Member for quite some tine due to my long time providing user support via mail lists, irc, KFN, etc over the years.
                  I really should step down from that, I don't even boot that old Kubuntu box anymore. Or use IRC etc.

I will argue that questions go answered over on the KDE forums. Especially as I try to answer questions there very often.
                  It does not help that people don't bother to even browse for similar topics at all. Ever.

I will be a bit rude about this topic, but people forget that Neon is NOT a distro. There is no support team. And many of the users on the KDE forum are, in my honest, experienced, and completely biased opinion, are...stupid.
                  Let me rephrase that. KDE's forum, being unrelated to any specific distro, has a vast majority of users who don't use Neon, or any *buntu related OS. Most Neon users on KDE's forums have no clue about *buntu related systems. They seem (again imnsho) incapable of, or unwilling to, learning even the most basic aspects of using and managing an Ubuntu-like system. Or even a Debian-like one. I can't be the only person who somewhat knows their way around an Ubuntu based os running Plasma over there.

If or until a forum's user base develops the knowledge and skills to provide help ,to each other, it will be messy.

The Neon section on KDE's forums chaps my hiney nearly every day. I have to go to Reddit to cleanse my palate , and I fear that frustrated feeling I get will start having an effect on my interactions here.

Too late
                  Sorry for the rant.
                  And that's why I come here for my KDE questions, Neon or otherwise.

Only other KDE forum worth anything is Manjaro forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X