Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My neon just went BOOM and I can't fix it

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    In practice too :·)
    I updated,
    Setting up libkf5kirigami2-5 (5.66.0+p18.04+git20200127.1551-0)
    Setting up kirigami2-dev (5.66.0+p18.04+git20200127.1551-0)
    Setting up qml-module-org-kde-kirigami2 (5.66.0+p18.04+git20200127.1551-0)


    Rebooted, I have a fine-looking Plasma

    Leave a comment:


  • acheron
    replied
    This should, in theory, be fixed without needing a workaround now,

    Leave a comment:


  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    Originally posted by acheron View Post
    You have to install all the debs in one command like that, because they depend on each other at that exact build version.
    Bingo. That worked perfectly. Thank you.
    Boy, having the dock and no Plasma was like working with Unity. 'Orrible

    Leave a comment:


  • acheron
    replied
    Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
    I got three. For amd64.
    Kirigami2-dev and qml-module complain about depending on libkf5kirigami and won't install and libkf5kirigami complains that it breaks package qml-module - and won't install.
    Any tips on what I should do with them?
    And if I could install them, I would just reboot and see? Anything else?
    I just tried this on today's testing ISO that would not start. Plasmashell crashes on start.

    do
    Code:
    dpkg --list | grep kirigami
    to see what you have installed

    Download the corresponding debs from the link I gave to a new folder, and in that folder do

    Code:
    dpkg -i *.deb
    You have to install all the debs in one command like that, because they depend on each other at that exact build version.

    After that, I could start the ISO ok.
    Last edited by acheron; Jan 24, 2020, 11:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    I got three. For amd64.
    Kirigami2-dev and qml-module complain about depending on libkf5kirigami and won't install and libkf5kirigami complains that it breaks package qml-module - and won't install.
    Any tips on what I should do with them?
    And if I could install them, I would just reboot and see? Anything else?

    Leave a comment:


  • acheron
    replied
    It might be possible in the short term to work around the problem by upgrading your kirigami .debs manually using the ones here:

    https://archive.neon.kde.org/unstabl...n/k/kirigami2/

    Leave a comment:


  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    Yeah, well, I know that. I'm not complaining, am I? This is more of a tarantula than a bug though... :·)
    Still... they haven't fixed it... yet :·/
    Code:
    ~$ sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    ...
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
    ~$
    ~$ foxtrot uniform charlie kilo
    Error: no swearing is allowed in this konsole.
    ~$ :·(
    Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Jan 24, 2020, 02:15 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    Testing Edition64-bit
    Featuring pre-release KDE software built the same day from bugfix branches. Good for testing. There is no QA. Will contain bugs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    Originally posted by acheron View Post
    The reason for the 'boom' is an issue after switching the job that builds kirigami from frameworks. ...
    It will get sorted soon I hope.
    You mean all the trillions of people ;·) using neon Testing are presently testing the solidity of the walls with their foreheads?
    Well, in that case, it should be fixed soon.
    The devs are probably facing heavily armed mobs outside their places...

    Leave a comment:


  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    The last upgrade before the crash was pretty big. ~180 MB. Yesterday, Start-Date: 2020-01-23 18:21:38
    The one just after the crash (this morning, Start-Date: 2020-01-24 03:41:37) was equally big. Didn't fix it.
    The string qt5 is not in the log. The string kf5 is in a lot of packages.

    [EDIT] Times are in CET (as in Rome-Paris-Madrid ;·).
    Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Jan 24, 2020, 06:15 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • acheron
    replied
    The reason for the 'boom' is an issue after switching the job that builds kirigami from frameworks. The new one is not copying the .debs from unstable to testing repos as it should, while other parts of frameworks the built against it do copy ok.

    Hence the symbol lookup error. Parts of your frameworks built against code changes in kirigami that the debs you have do not include.

    It will get sorted soon I hope.

    Leave a comment:


  • kubicle
    replied
    Could be that there is a version mismatch between qt5/kf5/plasma (Neon testing is volatile, and should be used for testing only for this reason).

    Do you remember any (significant) upgrades prior to this, you can check your apt history (by reading /var/log/apt/history.log) for recent upgrades.

    Leave a comment:


  • Don B. Cilly
    replied
    Plasmashell from konsole gives me 168 lines (I pasted them into kate) of
    org.kde.plasma: invalid metadata "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/[assorted-stuff].so"
    The .so files are there, but not human-readable.

    And some other stuff like:
    plasmashell: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kirigami/org.kde.desktop.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8Kirigami13PlatformTheme24setActiveBackgroundCo lorERK6QColor

    sudo apt -f install says
    Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
    Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
    Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
    The 4 not upgraded are wine conflicts.
    apt list --upgradable
    Listing... Done
    wine-stable/bionic 5.0.0~bionic amd64 [upgradable from: 4.0.3~bionic]
    wine-stable-amd64/bionic 5.0.0~bionic amd64 [upgradable from: 4.0.3~bionic]
    wine-stable-i386/bionic 5.0.0~bionic i386 [upgradable from: 4.0.3~bionic]
    winehq-stable/bionic 5.0.0~bionic amd64 [upgradable from: 4.0.3~bionic]


    Code:
    sudo apt --fix-broken install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
    Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
    Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
    sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade says:
    Code:
    Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
    Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
    Investigating (0) wine-stable:amd64 < 4.0.3~bionic -> 5.0.0~bionic @ii umU Ib >
    Broken wine-stable:amd64 Depends on wine-stable-i386:amd64 < none @un H > (= 5.0.0~bionic)
    Considering wine-stable-i386:i386 0 as a solution to wine-stable:amd64 1
    Holding Back wine-stable:amd64 rather than change wine-stable-i386:amd64
    Investigating (0) winehq-stable:amd64 < 4.0.3~bionic -> 5.0.0~bionic @ii umU Ib >
    Broken winehq-stable:amd64 Depends on wine-stable:amd64 < 4.0.3~bionic | 5.0.0~bionic @ii umH > (= 5.0.0~bionic)
    Considering wine-stable:amd64 1 as a solution to winehq-stable:amd64 0
    Holding Back winehq-stable:amd64 rather than change wine-stable:amd64
    Try to Re-Instate (1) wine-stable:amd64
    Try to Re-Instate (1) winehq-stable:amd64
    Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages have been kept back:
    wine-stable winehq-stable
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded
    Dmesg gives no obvious errors... except maybe the last line, but that is long after boot. The last line at boot - Btrfs loaded - I don't understand, since I don't have any btrfs partitions, but then.
    [Fri Jan 24 09:48:50 2020] Btrfs loaded, crc32c=crc32c-intel
    [Fri Jan 24 10:11:04 2020] perf: interrupt took too long (2526 > 2500), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 79000


    Restoring from backup... what? The whole system? Not really up-to-date, except /home, and even that... :·/
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/ ?
    Some metadata directory under /home?

    Leave a comment:


  • kubicle
    replied
    Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
    Everything is missing, panel, analog clock, wallpaper. Only the conky and Latte Dock. Right-clicking (or long-clicking) on the desktop does nothing.
    This sounds like plasmashell is not running. First try running plasmashell from krunner (or konsole if you wish to see possible error messages).

    You can also run some basic package fixing commands:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo apt -f install
    sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
    The systemsettings5 error seems like a problem with qt libs

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecialEd
    replied
    Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
    >>>>>
    What would Linus do?
    Restore from his backups.

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X