X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Bluetooth-ache

Small but annoying problem:
    If I want to connect a bluetooth speaker, it won't play any sound unless I disconnect the headphones.
    Which are always plugged in, at the back of the box, and you sort of have to use diving gear to get there.

I can't find any settings to tell the PC to play both at the same time.
    If I plug a line-connected speaker to a physical connector, they both work...

Are you trying to get output simultaneously to both analog and bluetooth outputs, or just easily switching to the bluetooth ouptut when that device is connected (as that may affect the solution).

In case it's the former, you can output simultaneously to both by ticking "create a virtual device for simultaneous output" in the audio settings Advanced-tab (accessible from System Settings or from the audio/volume widget by clicking the settings-button). This should create a virtual output that includes the analog and bluetooth outputs (when the bluetooth device is connected)...then just switch the ouptut to that virtual output (and also make sure to check the volume/mute settings of different outputs in the audio/volume widget in case you don't hear anything).

The audio output settings have been a bit glitchy depending on the kde/pulseaudio versions, but I tested it on my neon and it seemed to work (using analog and bluetooth headsets simultaneously)
    Last edited by kubicle; Dec 15, 2019, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Aha! I knew it must have been hidden somewhere. Thanks.
      Actually, I can't test it just now as my daughter has the speaker, but I'll commandeer it back ;·) and will test it soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1215_131649.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	644461

Comment

Just to report.
        It took me a while longer than expected to commandeer the thing back, but it works as instructed.

Comment

Working...
        X