• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE pytho zombie after today's updates

after today's updates, I have noticed a python3 zombie process is present:
    Code:
    [FONT=monospace]ps ax -o s,pid,comm,ppid | grep '^Z'
    [/FONT][FONT=monospace][COLOR=#FF5454][B]Z[/B][/COLOR]  2742 pytho <defunct>  2684
    [/FONT]
    If I try to kill the ppid Kwin crashes & shuts down in bash mode ...
    so i have killed the ppid from there but after a reboot a new pytho zombie process is running

### edit ###
    same problem occurs with another KDE neon system (girlfriend) after the update ... she does not like the zombie ;-)
    Code:
    [FONT=monospace]user     2802  0.0  0.0      0     0 ? Z    18:22   0:00 [python3] <defunct>
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by cluster; Oct 18, 2019, 11:05 AM.

(Just in case you don't know this.) In principle, a zombie process is just an entry in the process table, only existing to hold the process exit code. Annoying, but nothing runs or uses memory.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      (Just in case you don't know this.) In principle, a zombie process is just an entry in the process table, only existing to hold the process exit code. Annoying, but nothing runs or uses memory.
      for my worstation there is no problem w/ the zombie process ... but my DAW now produces many xruns in jackd (cadence)

Comment

hmm, maybe when multiple monitors are used due to the new monitor features?
        for another system with a single monitor, the problem does not occur ...

Comment

Thank you guys for the quick supply of the bug fixes & for the updated live ISO which helped me a lot to determine the zombie problem!
          Kscreen worked perfectly after the update but the zombie was still present ...
          I found out that the reason was due to a extra (outdated) config file from Cadence which was integrated in the X11 folder.
          after removing the file everything works fine without any zombies ;-)

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/61cadence-session-inject

Code:
          # Cadence Session Startup Injection
          # Set plugin paths and start JACK (or not) according to user settings

INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr"

if [ -f $INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/cadence-session-start ]; then

export CADENCE_AUTO_STARTED="true"

export LADSPA_PATH="`$INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/cadence-session-start --printLADSPA_PATH`"
          export DSSI_PATH="`$INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/cadence-session-start --printDSSI_PATH`"
          export LV2_PATH="`$INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/cadence-session-start --printLV2_PATH`"
          export VST_PATH="`$INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/cadence-session-start --printVST_PATH`"

STARTUP="$INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/cadence-session-start --system-start-by-x11-startup $STARTUP"

fi

unset INSTALL_PREFIX

Comment

Working...
          X