X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashew nonfuntional after 1 use one activity

HI
    This is just odd so I thought I'd ask.

After a big update last night on Neon Dev Stable the "cashew" on ONE activity stops working after one use.

The cashews work on four other activities.

I had a slideshow running on it and thought maybe it was the slideshow "function" but when I rebooted and changed to image the same thing occurred. I was able to make one use of it and then nothing.

To restate.
    A )On ONE ( 1 ) activity, the cashew ceases to function after ONE use. This occurs whether it is in slideshow, image, or whatever.
    B) On ALL other activities the cashews function normally.
    C) After reboot the cashew will function ONE (1) time and then stops.
    D) Right clicking and left clicking on the desktop of the activity function normally.

I'm thinking something is arguing with itself in the update and that it will probably be fixed, but it was not fixed after an update today.

And it is odd that it is only happening on one activity.

So...any comments?

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Hi
    Well after fiddling with this for a while in Settings / workspace theme / look and feel

I have the default themes Breeze and Breeze dark.

Below there is a box with the label: "Use desktop from theme"

It wasn't ticked so I googled around and over at KDE there is a post about "resetting the desktop" so ok, I ticked the box and applied and the "stock desktop" appeared along with the stock wallpaper and the cashew work ONE time.

HOWEVER all of the activities disappeared which is no big deal.

So, I normally start with a "new session" so I changed that to "restore session" rebooted and was able to use the cashew ONCE and it did not function a second time.
    BUT NOW... a right click shows a MUCH EXPANDED version of what the cashew has displayed...

IS THE CASHEW NEARING THE END OF IT'S LIFE IN NEON? LOL

WOODscratchinghisheadSMOKE
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 18, 2019, 09:46 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

woah!!!!!

After a restart ALL ACTIVITIES ARE BACK, with the stock wallpaper but correctly labled.

ON ALL ACTIVITIES I can use the cashew once...PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BELOW i POSTED THAT ALL OF THE "OTHER" ACTIVITIES THE CASHEW WORKED NOW NONE OF THEM WORK,...
      AFTER ONE USE...

But there is now a greatly expanded version of the menu options which were previously presented when the cashew was clicked...

Maybe...the cashew really is nearing EOL...inquiring minds want to speculate!! OH THE SPECULATION ...lol

woodlotsoffunsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Sounds like a bug report waiting to happen?
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for the comment.
          I really do not know.
          It MAY be some kind of thing with the Neon Devs.

The cashew has SUCH bad press all one needs to do is put Cashew in a search and the first thing one gets is an untold number of just positive RANTS about how "I hate the cashew" and "how do I remove the cashew!"

I don't know, it would seem to me that if one wants to use an OS that one ...MAYBE buys into the WHOLE OS...or go elsewhere.

Maybe Mint, or Cinnamon...dunno...

And...it MIGHT also be that the Neon devs are looking to see how many complaints there are about the cashew NOT being there...dunno...

Or...it may be a bug!

But, Neon really is one huge rolling set of bugs that get swatted down with the next update and there are daily updates in the Dev edition...so...dunno...

But, thanks for the comment!

Hope that you and yours had a great holiday season!

woody
          Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 22, 2019, 05:52 PM.
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

wat cashew? It looks like a burger to me......

I doubt the menu thingy won't go away, as some people might want a visible clickable way to switch and manage Activities.

Comment

Hi Claydoh

yep I kinda agree. Windblows attracted people who liked to "click down" on a mouse to start and app and Mac attracted people who like to "click down, mouse over and release".

Lotsa fun!

woody
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
              X