Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case you missed my latest edit (which happened after your last post):

The Icon spacing width has indeed been changed in 5.14.5:
    [Folder View] implement a minimum width for icon view to ensure that labels are never rendered useless. Commit. Fixes bug #379432. Phabricator Code review D16901

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
      Just in case you missed my latest edit (which happened after your last post):
      thanks kubicle
      hmm, ok but right now it looks a little more like a bug as before where it worked with all screen resolutions ... so I will try w/ a dock now for the icons
      Last edited by cluster; Jan 12, 2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

You can try fiddling a bit with the qml code, by editing /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderView.qml

for example, you can change:
        Code:
        var minIconWidth = Math.max(iconWidth, units.iconSizes.small * 8);
        to
        Code:
        var minIconWidth = Math.max(iconWidth, units.iconSizes.small * [B]6[/B]);
        (that makes the spacing a bit less aggressive)

Notes:
        - You need to relog into the plasma or restart the plasmashell to see the changes
        - Plasma updates will overwrite your changes, so you may need to reapply the edits after plasma updates...(it's also possible to copy the plasmoid to your user $HOME/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/ and make the edits there, but as that will always override system wide plasmoids...you may need to occasionally check future changes to the system plasmoid to get latest changes to your "user installed" edited version.)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          You can try fiddling a bit with the qml code, by editing /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderView.qml

for example, you can change:
          Code:
          var minIconWidth = Math.max(iconWidth, units.iconSizes.small * 8);
          to
          Code:
          var minIconWidth = Math.max(iconWidth, units.iconSizes.small * [B]6[/B]);
          (that makes the spacing a bit less aggressive)

Notes:
          - You need to relog into the plasma or restart the plasmashell to see the changes
          - Plasma updates will overwrite your changes, so you may need to reapply the edits after plasma updates...(it's also possible to copy the plasmoid to your user $HOME/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/ and make the edits there, but as that will always override system wide plasmoids...you may need to occasionally check future changes to the system plasmoid to get latest changes to your "user installed" edited version.)
          great that worked, maybe I can use a script with something like find & sed as a cron job etc.
          thanks!

Code:
          find /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderView.qml -type f -exec sed -i 's/iconWidth, units.iconSizes.small * 8/iconWidth, units.iconSizes.small * 6/g' {} \;
          Last edited by cluster; Jan 12, 2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X