This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] GUI for NTFS Auto mount?

I have seen a lot of websites mentioning that I need to edit the fstab to make my secondary NTFS SSD automount.
    But I swear I have done it before in a GUI that let me change the properties of the drive to auto mount and I can't seem to find that info.

Any thoughts?

system settings>removable devices>removable devices tab .

you could try hear .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I guess the question is a laptop internal SSD a removable device? My SSD doesn't show up in there not sure if it just needs to be checked on and it will just work. Unfortunately I just used ntfs-config so that might be interfering with it. The interface is rough but I managed to make the ssd mount through there. I guess next time I set up my system I'll try the kde setting first.

Comment

Originally posted by wrender View Post
        I guess the question is a laptop internal SSD a removable device? My SSD doesn't show up in there not sure if it just needs to be checked on and it will just work. Unfortunately I just used ntfs-config so that might be interfering with it. The interface is rough but I managed to make the ssd mount through there. I guess next time I set up my system I'll try the kde setting first.
        Humm , strange , all my internal HD's ,2 (and partitions) and the one SSD show their .

I will confess I do not use it for mounting them , the 1 I need mounted at boot (a 1TB storage drive) gets mounted through /etc/fstab to a location in /mnt .

the rest if I need in quick like I just click them in dolphins places panel .

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X