This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMyMoney on 18.04 based Neon

Totally new install of Neon using btrfs, and thanks to Greygeek for the excellent instructions.

Appreciate KMM is Kubuntu based but it always ran without problem and is not available as an appimage.

KMM installs ok but seg faults on setting up the first account. I have run it from Konsole and used gdb to produce a report if of any use.

Anyone use KMM on the latest Neon? Aptitude shows 54 dependencies but installation pulls in over 100, so the problem might lay buried.

Edit - found a possible fault based on desktop theme so changed from Breeze to Oxygen but without success.
    Last edited by Worzel; Oct 13, 2018, 02:43 PM. Reason: Change desktop theme

It runs fine here. Neon does their own KMM packaging, it is not using Ubuntu's packaging (which is actually a direct import from Debian, not packaged by Kubuntu)

I would suggest using normal apt, as aptitude is, in my experience, a bit to strong, or too 'smart' for Ubuntu based systems sometimes, with its strong dependency resolution schemes.

I assume you installed all those dependencies, and updated your system?

Again, I have no problem with it, just installed it about two weeks ago on my Neon laptop

Comment

Thanks for your advice Claydoh. Have used KMM for years on Kubuntu and installed on the last Neon without problem.

What did confuse me is that, on a previous installs, the 'Did You Know' msg box was active and always the first item I cancelled. On these latest attempts it was inactive, could not be selected and I thought it somehow was part of the problem.

It was the same on this latest install but while changing desktops/progs and files DYKnow became active - cancelled it and success - a new install.

I blame becoming a grumpy old man!! Thanks

Comment

No success, but a query. All previous new installs of KMM have started with the Tip of the Day msg box over the initial screen, as KMM Help confirms.

However my several install attempts ALL had Tipotd behind KMM main screen and inactive which I believe may be causing the problem. Select "cancel" on the KMM page, restart and this time it comes up with Tipotd in front and active. Cancel the tip option, enter basic details, save them, OK. Thereafter, add a new a/c or change anything = crash.

Would you advise signing up to the KMM mailing list and asking there? AFAIK, other than using btrfs, this is no different to previous years.

Comment

The mailing list is the best place to go, kde's forum is good as well.

Kmymoney has a fair bit of new code now that it is kf5 based, even if it looks much the same as it has for a long time.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X