This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to manage users in Neon 18.04

I understand from another post that kuser is no longer maintained in 18.04. But system settings in 18.04 contains nothing to manage users. And I find no users or groups files in /etc, so I don't know what to do.

How do I create another user, modify my or her groups, and give root a password?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Aha, it's hidden away under System Settings > Personalization > Account Details > User Manager.

Couldn't they have hidden it any deeper?

That however does not allow me, as far as I can tell, to play with root's password.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Guess I was a bit fast at the gate. All is explained at

https://linuxconfig.org/default-root...c-beaver-linux

Change (or add) root password by

Code:
      su passwd
      It's obvious once you think of it.

Comment

How to manage users in Neon 18.04

I would strongly advise AGAINST creating a password for root.

As for kuser, Rog131 has an excellent post on how to use lxqt-admin to create an essentially identical Kuser UI.

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...anagement-2018
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 10, 2018, 04:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the word “AGAINST”
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X