Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two minute delay in log-in. What's this error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two minute delay in log-in. What's this error?

This repeats itself for two full minutes when I log in. No idea what would cause this;

Code:
    May 27 16:48:38 office plasmashell[71558]: [71554:71554:0527/164838.817428:ERROR:extension_host.cc(416)] Received EventAck for extension jffbochibkahlbbmanpmndnhmeliecah for an unknown
    event.

Please Read Me

oddness, but the only reference I see quickly are related to Vivaldi and Wayland
    https://www.reddit.com/r/vivaldibrow...ng_on_wayland/
    and
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/9717...hite-window/15

No idea how chromium based browsers would have an effect on login, though

Comment

Yeah, I finally found the Vivaldi reference but made no sense to me either. Might be a red-herring. My current KDEneon install takes 2-2.5 minutes to load the desktop. This is an fairly old upgraded neon install. I'm going to do a fresh install when they rebase to 24.04 just to clear kruft.

Please Read Me

Comment

Maybe do some internal house cleaning? Clear caches and reboot.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I just completed an install of KDE Neon with a load of applications and from the restart button on the login screen to the login screen again is 25 seconds. 15 seconds were used to display the login screen from boot up. The biggest pile of *** in the whole system is FireFox, which I deleted in favor the Chromium browser.
          So far I'm liking KDE Neon.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X