X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System log filled with ...

tons of messages like the following
    Code:
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager    Creating the cache for:  "applications: org.kde.ksystemlog.desktop"
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager    Already in database?  true
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager          First update :  QDateTime(2018-05-16 12:19:29.000 CDT Qt::TimeSpec(LocalTime))
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager           Last update :  QDateTime(2018-05-16 15:56:31.000 CDT Qt::TimeSpec(LocalTime))
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager    After the adjustment
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager         Current score :  6
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager          First update :  QDateTime(2018-05-16 12:19:29.000 CDT Qt::TimeSpec(LocalTime))
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager           Last update :  QDateTime(2018-05-16 15:56:31.000 CDT Qt::TimeSpec(LocalTime))
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager    Interval length is  0
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager             New score :  7
    5/16/18 4:08 PM    org.kde.ActivityManager    ResourceScoreUpdated: "626abb88-c51a-4c79-a3db-cfbc653ea520" "org.kde.plasma.kicker" "applications: org.kde.ksystemlog.desktop"
    These block of WARNING () messages are being logged every time I open an app on the desktop. I have not used "Activities".

Also, I began getting the log file filled with thousands of Baloo indexing msgs that indexes were being ignored because the db was full. It was at 1.7Gb. I disabled Baloo because I prefer "locate" and "updatedb", which is a lot faster.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; May 16, 2018, 03:50 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

You are using at least one activity no matter what.

Not sure these are even warnings, tbh. I see this in both Kubuntu and Neon.

Comment

My baloo crashes often. I only notice when I see the core file in my home dir.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        You are using at least one activity no matter what.

Not sure these are even warnings, tbh. I see this in both Kubuntu and Neon.
        I didn't label them "warnings", that's how they are color coded in KSystemlogs.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          My baloo crashes often. I only notice when I see the core file in my home dir.

Regards, John Little
          I have balooctl stop in my autostart. I'm using kupfer and recoll instead. I'd prefer baloo but the thought of it getting stuck in a loop and hogging CPU when I'm away from the keyboard isn't pleasant.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            I didn't label them "warnings", that's how they are color coded in KSystemlogs.
            I don't think they are warnings, despite the color. On my boxen the output exactly matches the raw text of /var/log/syslog in Kate, except for color of course.

Comment

Working...
            X