Update on KDE-Neon 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on KDE-Neon 6

I gave Neon a try for about a week. came back to Kubuntu with 5.27.
    Had the following problems with Neon/KDE6 Not sure which for each problem.
    1. My PIA vpn crashes the system and doe not work.
    2. no 32 bit wine (note: this has been a problem with neon for awhile.)
    No docks work in KDE 6.
    and the system would freeze from time to time. Not sure of the cause. Because there were no crash reports about it.

So for me it's not ready for daily use yet. Will try again in a month or so.

Also might mentions that on Tuxedo 6 VPN works fine but still no wine 32 and no docks.
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
    1. My PIA vpn crashes the system and doe not work
    I am sure you have seen my reply elsewhere, and the temp fix until PIA come up with a proper fix.
    2. no 32 bit wine (note: this has been a problem with neon for awhile.)
    And will remain one, at least off and on, due to the levels of depth needed to build all the 32 bit dependencies.
    A non-system-installed wine is the best way to go here, or change distros.
    No docks work in KDE 6.
    And none will, since they are almost ALL old, unmaintained, or barely maintained. Someone would need to develop new ones. (some of these crusty things might still work in an X11 session, *maybe* - like Crystal Dock, but that IS Qt5 still, so.... but it is the only dock that is at least somewhat actively developed.)
    Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 21, 2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did see your work around but for now will wait. Kubuntu meets my needs and every thing I want works
      I will say that 32 bit wine (I only use one program, which I need from time to time. ) can be install via flatpac. But again it all works right now in kubuntu so no real rush to update.

Comment

[…] I did see your work around but for now will wait. Kubuntu meets my needs and every thing I want works […]
        But again it all works right now in kubuntu so no real rush to update.
        Then the coming Kubuntu 24.04 LTS with Plasma 5.27.x seems be the ideal distribution for you for the next 3-5 years.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post

Then the coming Kubuntu 24.04 LTS with Plasma 5.27.x seems be the ideal distribution for you for the next 3-5 years.
          I'm thinking so will see.

Comment

Working...
          X