Some kpat games crash since dist-upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some kpat games crash since dist-upgrade

Since I did a dist-upgrade, kpat crashes for some games. Here's what I see when I tell it go play Freecell.

$ kpat
    ASSERT: "!parse_args_ret_code" in file ./src/patsolve/abstract_fc_solve_solver.cpp, line 126
    KCrash: Application 'kpat' crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
    The X11 connection broke (error 1). Did the X11 server die?
    KCrash: Application Name = kpat path = /usr/games pid = 85454
    KCrash: Arguments: /usr/games/kpat
    KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi

[2]+ Stopped kpat
    syslog shows

Feb 29 18:44:32 jon-desktop plasmashell[2351]: Could not find the Plasmoid for Plasma::FrameSvgItem(0x558ff50896d0) QQmlContext(0x558ff2a5d010
    ) QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml")
    Feb 29 18:44:32 jon-desktop plasmashell[2351]: Could not find the Plasmoid for Plasma::FrameSvgItem(0x558ff50896d0) QQmlContext(0x558ff2a5d010
    ) QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml")
    Feb 29 18:44:32 jon-desktop plasmashell[2351]: QFont::setPointSizeF: Point size <= 0 (0.000000), must be greater than 0
    ​Any ideas? I'm now at

$ uname -a
    Linux jon-desktop 6.5.0-21-generic #21~22.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb 9 13:32:52 UTC 2 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last edited by joneall; Feb 29, 2024, 11:49 AM.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

You might want to file a bug report, unless this one is relevant to your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      You might want to file a bug report, unless this one is relevant to your experience.
      Thanks. Those are indeed the effects I see. Guess I just have to wait for a fix.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joneall View Post
        Thanks. Those are indeed the effects I see. Guess I just have to wait for a fix.
        Might have been fixed this morning. I saw an update to freecell-solver-bin that was mentioned in the bug report.
        ​.

Comment

Thanks. But how do I install an individual fix like that without installing Plasma 6?

Comment

Fetch updates, then (re)install the package freecell-solver-bin?
            It isn't provided by neon, it comes from Ubuntu, so won't have any plasma dependencies. It somehow went awol.
            If you upgraded yesterday or Wednesday, including the games, you must have already had the Plasma 6 upgrade to begin with, I'd think? the disappearing freecell-solver is one of the packaging bugs from that.

Comment

Finally. the good news is that with the latest updates (10h on 2 march) at least most of Wayland works. The logout buttons are good as is kpat. The slowness is much reduced if not gone. Windows move smoothly across the screen. The startup of KDE (or SDDM or whatever it is -- go understand) is definitely slower.

All these are Good Things. I'm still keeping aside a system without these upgrades...

Comment

Working...
              X