Thunderbird/Firefox fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird/Firefox fonts

I've changed the default font and menu font from Noto to Inter but Thunderbird and Firefox are not using the menu font, even after closing and restarting the apps. I've checked the GTK-3 settings.ini and it is correct:

Code:
    [Settings]
    gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true
    gtk-button-images=true
    gtk-cursor-theme-name=Breeze-Red (left)
    gtk-cursor-theme-size=24
    gtk-decoration-layout=:minimize,maximize,close
    gtk-enable-animations=true
    gtk-font-name=Inter, 8
    gtk-icon-theme-name=Papirus-Dark
    gtk-menu-images=true
    gtk-modules=colorreload-gtk-module:window-decorations-gtk-module
    gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=false
    gtk-theme-name=Breeze
    gtk-toolbar-style=0
    gtk-xft-dpi=98304​
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Last edited by Beerislife; Jan 09, 2024, 10:13 PM.
    Constant change is here to stay!

Clear caches?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I find GTK settings files mystifying. There are many, strewn through .themes and .config, and the GTK project regularly breaks theming. I don't know about Thunderbird but Firefox in the past did its own thing with GTK somewhat.

I use the 10 point "Serif" font. .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini says Serif, 10​ and it works, but I didn't put that there.

What may have worked for me has been to use the KDE system settings, appearance, application style, "Configure GNOME/GTK Application Style..." button, "Get New GNOME/GTK Application Styles..." and downloaded a Numix black theme. The KDE downloads in various system settings screens are often buggy, and have been for a long time, but sometimes they have worked for me.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

I use the Arc (dark) theme from the Papirus PPA and just installed the Gnome arc-theme but it hasn't changed anything.

I'll just hide the menu bars....
        Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
        X