Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use activity chooser with Thunderbird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use activity chooser with Thunderbird?

Recent versions of Thunderbird no longer have a window menu bar where you can right-click and pick which activities to use. Why they chose to get rid of that, I do not know, nor do I like it.

In the menu bar customizations, you can drag an activity chooser to what they call the menu bar. But there is nothing to see there and good luck positioning your cursor to select it afterwards.

I've been using Tbird or its predecessor for over 20 years and would hate to have to change. Any suggestions? I like the way Tbird handles almost any number of email addresses, 5 in my case. And it's easy to transfer from one installation to another.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Right click on the task manager icon for Activity settings.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231113_100111.png Views:	0 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	675248

Also, search T-bird settings for "title"

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231113_100143.png Views:	0 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	675249

T-bird looks pretty dang nice these days.

Originally posted by joneall View Post
    Why they chose to get rid of that, I do not know, nor do I like it.
    Probably the larger number of people prefer to have more screen space, and in most of the more popular desktops, it looks better without one, and is sort of not useful/redundant. I don't use one on my browsers, though I don't go out of my way to disable this, or anything
    Last edited by claydoh; Nov 13, 2023, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Sorry, where is the task manager icon?
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joneall View Post
        manager
        The Thunderbird icon on your task manager -- also known as your taskbar.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

The Thunderbird icon on your task manager -- also known as your taskbar.
          Great! That holds true for all those icons. I did not know that. Thanks. Problem solved. For Opera too.

Comment

If you prefer to have a titlebar for your Thunderbird 115.x window you can switch it on again (IMHO the window looks more like KDE Plasma than GNOME after one has done that…):
            Settings -> General -> uncheck "Hide system window titlebar"
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

With my dark mode windows, using black backgrounds where possible, without the title bar there is no window border and no indication where a t-bird window ends.
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
              X