Spotify gtk problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Spotify gtk problem

At least I think that's where the problem is. When I start spotify, it comes up with a blank, black screen and that is it. If I launch it by hand, I see this:

spotify --no-zygote
    Gtk-Message: 10:24:55.548: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
    Gtk-Message: 10:24:55.548: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"

Processes are:

$ psg spot
    jon 13401 11952 0 10:24 pts/1 00:00:01 /snap/spotify/68/usr/share/spotify/spotify --no-zygote
    jon 13487 13401 0 10:24 pts/1 00:00:00 /snap/spotify/68/usr/share/spotify/spotify --type=gpu-process --no-sandbox --log-severity=disable --user-agent-product=Chrome/
    113.0.5672.128 Spotify/1.2.13.661 --lang=en --user-data-dir=/home/jon/snap/spotify/68/.config/spotify/User Data --gpu-preferences=WAAAAAAAAAAgAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAA AAAAA4AAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAGA AAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAgAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAA AA== --log-file=/snap/spotify/68/usr/share/spotify/debug.log --shared-files --
    field-trial-handle=0,i,13610608975318720960,128294152640914219 07,262144 --disable-features=BackForwardCache

and more of that ilk.

In fact, I do not remember how I installed it. It does not show up in apt-cache search, so maybe I'm missing a repository. Then again, it appears you can install it with snap, whatever that is.

I can't figure out where spotify has its config files.

Sorry to be so vague.

Last edited by joneall; Sep 09, 2023, 04:09 AM.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Originally posted by joneall View Post
    /snap/spotify/68/usr/share/spotify/spotify
    ^^^^ note the path, you have the snap package.

The packaging itself should not matter here, as Spotify is just an electron app, ie a windowed Chrome/Chromium web app.

Those messages are just minor warnings, and are probable unrelated to anything, they are quite common.They are theming related, and wouldn't cause a blank page

You might also look at spoptify's forums, since it is their product. I spy a number of similar things with this in the past year across different types of installs over there.
    Try closing the app, deleting $HOME/.cache/spotify/ and trying it again.

Originally posted by joneall View Post
    --log-file=/snap/spotify/68/usr/share/spotify/debug.log
    This might be useful to look at.

You might try other install options

Comment

In fact, it's ./snap/spotify I deleted. That worked. Thanks for the tip.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X