No announcement yet.

Nvidia to AMD GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reverted to the stock *Buntu Mesa drivers and removed the AMDVLK driver and after flying X-Plane and closing TBird and Firefox I have still got so much memory being used!
    I never had this with the Nvidia card. System Info also displays the onboard APU which should be disabled when a GPU is installed!
    Attached Files
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
      Something is definitely wrong here even with the PPA enabled and running apt update
      It would be corectrl, without caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
        I reverted to the stock *Buntu Mesa drivers and removed the AMDVLK driver and after flying X-Plane and closing TBird and Firefox I have still got so much memory being used!
        I never had this with the Nvidia card. System Info also displays the onboard APU which should be disabled when a GPU is installed!
        I *think* that the Nvidia driver disabled the onboard graphics via the xorg conf file, as in there is no entry for the APU in it, so it doesn't get used.

You may need to adjust a setting in your bios for this. I don't know how this works on AMD motherboards. My last two Intel boards have the option to select the primary graphics as opposed to disabling the onboard completely (useful for transcoding tasks and game streaming). My previous HP desktop did physically disable the iGPU when a card was installed, and had no bios setting for this at all.

But AMD systems may be different?

How are you determining which gpu is in use?

Comment

Working...
        X