This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KPartitionManager dialog error

KPartitionManager (partitionmanager) was updated a week or so ago. During my USB3 troubles I attempted to use it. The dialog asking for the password displayed an error regarding the incorrect use of "su". Enter the password failed to start the application.

I have temporarily solved this issue by prepending "kdesudo " in front of "partitionmanager" in the command text box. I suspect that a subsequent update will fix this minor problem.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

The su command will log you in to the root account. In Ubuntu the root account has been disabled which will be why that command won't work.
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
      The su command will log you in to the root account. In Ubuntu the root account has been disabled which will be why that command won't work.
      Yes, I know.
      My post was primarily a FYI to the Neon devs who occasion this site from time to time.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

It turns out that the /etc/sudoers file was corrupt. When I removed the parameter to show an * for each letter of the password things got back to normal.

Comment

Working...
        X