No announcement yet.

Bluetooth is disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. It looks like I have to go back to the 5.19 or 5.15 kernel.
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
      Any ideas?
      Very probably the dkms package can't build the module for the new, non-official kernel. And/or the backport-iwlwifi-dkms is not current enough. I completely dunno.

actually, the backport-iwlwifi does not build on 6.x kernels, though backport-iwlwifi-dkms package has been updated in Mantic to fix this -- it might be useful to try out mantic, or an Arch/Endeavour/ or possibly a Fedora iso and see if they have this by defualt - or a test install, then adding their backport-iwlwifi-whatever packaging.

Unless someone has done this successfully for Ubuntu 22.04, it will at best be a pita atm, imo, etc. et al, lol.

Comment

After going back to the 5.19 kernel the module loaded but there's still no WiFi.

I'm done with this for now. I'll come back to it at a much later date...

Comment

Did u find a solution? I'm having the same issue

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
            In System Settings Bluetooth shows as being disabled and clicking the Enable button is fruitless! I wonder if any guru can shed some light on this! It's not highly important as I haven't the need to use any Bluetooth devices with the machine just yet.
            You might want to try "rfkill unblock bluetooth​" at the command line. It's worked for others using Ubuntu.

Comment

See this:
              Ubuntu 13.04 64 bits, on ELiteBook 8740, gnome desktop with bluetooth-applet shown. I could not figure out how to turn on and off from shell the Bluetooth and not from the notification bt applet me...

Comment

That machine is now running Mint and it's still a no go. Mint also offers the 6.1 kernel, which I tried ,and it's still not seen. I hadn't thought about it until this thread reappeared.

It's too hot to worry about! I'll look into it in October, I may have some time then, if there are no beer festivals!

Comment

I have a feeling you will need a system with both a 6.3 kernel, or a very late 6.2, and all the other required firmwares etc. Mantic perhaps, or a recent Fedora live iso, or something similar.

Aaand I just now see that 22.04 is updating to 6.2 today, though I don't think this will help in your case, unless we are lucky.

Comment

I noticed there was an update to 6.2 on this Neon machine before I hit the sack last night. I didn't install it though because of the problem I had a couple of days ago. I'll look at it when I wake up later, I'm still half asleep!

Comment

I got my Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse working again this morning as KDE Neon now uses kernel 6.2. Life is good if you are willing to wait. Bluetooth working again..]

Comment

Working...
                      X