Kalendar broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalendar broken

It seems with every update I get at least one broken application. Last time is was digiKam, this time it's Kalendar!

Code:
    ~$ kalendar
    QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
    QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
    qrc:/main.qml:19:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.kde.kalendar.mail":
    Cannot load library /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/kalendar/mail/libkalendar_mail_plugin.so:
    (libKF5TextAutoCorrection.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    Last edited by Beerislife; May 10, 2023, 11:18 PM.
    Constant change is here to stay!

libkalendar_mail_plugin.so is where it should be...
    Attached Files

Comment

But what about libKF5TextAutoCorrection.so.1, which is the bit causing the error?

...I have no idea what provides this, though.

.......aaand it seems you need ktextaddons

Seems that this is a missing dependency, so a bug report against neon packaging is probably warranted.

.....aaaaaaaaand it already being rectified as I type this. Seems all of kdepim needs to be rebuilt against the new ktextaddons. Installing ktextaddons may stop the error, but it might not fix any other issues until things are updated.
      Last edited by claydoh; May 11, 2023, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Apparently, another packaging error? Someone is having similar problems with KMail. That is a problem in itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
          Apparently, another packaging error? Someone is having similar problems with KMail. That is a problem in itself!
          It is all from the same exact thing - a new release or new package for ktextaddons, which is what provides libKF5TextAutoCorrection.so.1 that is causing the problem.

I popped in to neon's dev chat on Matrix, and it had been noticed and kdepim things were already being rebuilt.

Why this thing keeps kmail or kaddressbook or Kalendar from opening instead of maybe just having a broken feature is because Kdepim is old, crusty, often a pile of crap, and is not developed or maintained well enough.

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
          It seems with every update I get at least one broken application. Last time is was digiKam,
          Part of the price for a 'rolling' plasma repo run by about three people?
          Plasma 6 may move to a slower release pace, not sure about non-plasma things such as KDE gear, Digikam or KDepim. Maybe that helps in the long term.
          They do seem to need to refine or add to their automated testing system. Not sure how deep it goes, or what applications may not be tested.
          Last edited by claydoh; May 11, 2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

All is well again this morning. Quite a few more updates came down the pipe...

Comment

Working...
            X