Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange graphics glitch

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Strange graphics glitch

    I just installed Neon on my oldish (12 years?) ThinkPad Edge 14 0578CTO with integrated Intel HD graphics, connected to a ​Dell SE2416H 24" Monitor​ over HDMI.

    I have the Dell set as the primary monitor (1920x1080 @60Hz) and the internal monitor turned off.

    If the monitor is plugged in and turned on before I log in, the screen flickers and the Panel half disappears at the edge of the screen. If I plug it in after I log-in on the laptop, the internal monitor turns off and the Dell displays everything just fine!

    I didn't have this problem with Linux Mint though!

    Has anyone seen this before? Mint and Neon are using the same 'Buntu base with the same graphics drivers and X11, right?

    ​
    Constant change is here to stay!

    #2
    … but at least the GUIs (Plasma and Cinnamon) manage the monitor differently.
    Debian LXQt • Kubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Linux Mint • Windows • macOS
    Desktop: HP Elite SFF 805 G9 • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

    important things to do after installation (24/26.04) • get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04 +)​

    Comment

    Users Viewing This Topic

    Collapse

    There are 0 users viewing this topic.

    Working...
    X