This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use KDE connect

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a simple file transfer with KDE connect between my Neon desktop and my Samsung S10+ mobile phone. I have seen GreyGeek's comment here and have KDE connect installed on phone and desktop, as well as sshfs on desktop. I can find files in the DCIM directory on the phone and I can select them, but then I can find no way to initiate a file transfer.

As for access from Dolphin, I can connect, but then if I double click on a file directory, I get a message "he file or folder /run/user/1000/af703852e2c58bff/DCIM/Camera does not exist.​" And yet I have given kdeconnect access permissions to files and media, location, phone and SMS on the mobile.

I presume wifi must be turned on on the mobile.

I cannot find a good site telling me how to use it from there on. Any help appreciated, as usual.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Select the files on the phone and tap the share button. This can be in different places depending on the app. Then find KdeConnect in the mass of options.

To transfer from PC to phone it will be similar, with a few caveats. You can select files but not directories. An Android limitation.
    Right-click and choose "send to device"

The file manager browsing part is currently broken, so you can't browse with Dolphin at the moment.

Comment

Thank you, claydoh. I didn't realise that "file manager browsing" was broken, because it would sometimes work, but when it did it was painfully slow. "Share", "Send to device", and choosing my phone, done in a second or two. Files turn up in the phone's "DownLoad" folder.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        I didn't realise that "file manager browsing" was broken,
        I am not sure which versions are affected, but recent ones have been affected. It may still work for those on previous Plasma versions, say in Kubuntu 22.04 and Plasma 5.24, maybe? I have not checked. I don't have a bare metal Jammy install set up at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X