X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail issues in KDE Neon 5.27

Hi:
    Lately, Kmail in my fully updated KDE Neon 5.27 (user edition) is behaving strange. the issues are:
    1- Always when it is fired up, it starts in offline state despite "check mail at start up" setting enabled.I have to manually toggle it to online state to check for incoming mail. And again it goes back to offline state after being idle for a very short time.
    2- It does not send out the outgoing messages. It stores them in local "Outbox" and keeps them forever, despite configured to send right away and on each mail check up.

Any suggestion or comments how to resolve these issues. Thanks!​

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
    Any suggestion or comments how to resolve these issues. Thanks!​
    I'd say that since these are some of the exact same bugs/reasons I quit Kontact/Kmail about a decade ago, it may be worth using something else.
    I can't recall exactly now, but the outbox mess may be from not having the outgoing server setup configured properly - as in, for the identity that the account is associated with.
    For #1, I dunno.
    Kmail is junk, or at least brittle and complicated, with little development.

Comment

Thanks claydoh! i will wait for a short while to see if it correct itself thru further updates. If not, I may get rid of "Kontact" and install "Thunderbird.

Comment

Ok I'm asking for a flaming here, but I was experimenting with Pop OS on non critical laptop and I must say evolution has come a long, long way. Setup was flawless.

1. The Gmail integration is good, and gnome online accounts integrates Google drive really well. By contrast Kio GDRIVE is an epic fail.

2. The trickiest most bastardly of all configurations is outlook mail via 0365. Evolution did that well. It handled my university account with 2FA with no issues. The toughest nut to crack was our hospital outlook mail, and I managed to get to work with Evolution by changing application ID.

3. Calendars are nice color coded and easy to administer.

Last time I tried evolution was in the Ubuntu pre Unity days and it was a bad. The progress is nice. By comparison kmail is a mess and it pulls in akonadi and half the kitchen sink in dependencies.

Comment

Thanks! i am happy with TB now.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
            Thanks! i am happy with TB now.
            TB is fugly but it works.

Comment

Working...
            X