This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] apt autoremove deleted hplip

I just ran a pkcon refresh and update and it said to run apt autoremove. When I did, it deleted all of hplip. I can still get to the print queue thru the printer icon in the task bar, but the individual programs are gone from /usr/bin.

Uh.... help?
    Last edited by joneall; Mar 20, 2023, 08:50 AM.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

From This post and this one

Update, then install libqt5gui5 libharfbuzz0b, and maybe libraqm0 if it is not pulled in as a dependency of the first two.
    ​The latest version of neon-settings-2 should provide updated apt configs to clear up the dependency mess.

You should have this version after updating:
    Code:
    $ apt policy neon-settings-2
    neon-settings-2:
    Installed: 0.4+p22.04+trelease+git20230316.1631
    Candidate: 0.4+p22.04+trelease+git20230316.1631
    which should allow the three packages to be installed

Some fixes for 32-bit dependencies caused some havoc for those who have Wine installed, and the fixes did cause some temporary chaos and some oddities to get there.
    You'll need to reinstall the hplip bits and others that were removed. The package hplip is main one that has some drivers etc, the optional one with the GUI tools and applications is hplip-gui

It is always a good idea to question anything proposed for autoremoval, just in case. It can indicate a problem somewhere.
    I am not sure that the removal of hplip could have been avoided, in this situation, though, but copying the list of packages for auto-removal can be used to reinstall them after things are fixed elsewhere.

Comment

You may have to manually edit /etc/apt/preferences.d/99-jammy-overrides and add libraqm0​ pins, until a new neon-settings-2 package comes down the well.
      I don't know if libqram0 affects hplip or not. It does iirc affect wine's 32 bit stuff.

Add this to the end:

Code:
      Package: libraqm0
      Pin: release o=Ubuntu
      Pin-Priority: 1100

Package: libraqm-dev
      Pin: release o=Ubuntu
      Pin-Priority: 1100​

Comment

Thanks, guys. With that info, I managed to reinstall hplip et all and my printers work now.
        'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

You will see an update to neon-settings-2 today, and since you edited your config, apt will prompt you about it. Choose "Y or I : install the package maintainer's version."
          I have no idea if/how Discover shows this sort of prompt.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 20, 2023, 09:24 AM.

Comment

All fixed here too this morning!
            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
            X