This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] After update cannot access network

I am running KDE Neon 5.11, kernel 4.10.0-40. I updated last night. I think there were about 6 packages involving samba 2:4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.16.04.11 to 2:4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.16.04.12. This morning I cannot access files on the network. I regularly access my office computer (Kubuntu) and a USB drive on a router. Neither are available. I have this entry in my fstab file for the USB drive:
    //rt-n66u-8060/Storage /media/LAN_WD cifs username=RMBC_2,password=XXXXX
    I have always mounted in konsole with:
    sudo mount /media/LAN_WD
    This morning it won’t work. An attempt to access through Dolphin > Network > Samba Shares yields this error message:
    Unable to find any workgroups in your local network. This might be caused by an enabled firewall.
    Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal
    Asus UX303U Laptop: i7-6500U 2.5GHz; 12GB RAM; 3200x1800
    HP Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G; 16GB RAM; 3840x2160, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060​

Well, this IS embarrassing! Fired up the laptop is evening and all is working. I rebooted several times this morning with no joy. I have no idea what changed except I am on a different access point, but same DHCP router and quite probably same assigned IP address.
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal
    Asus UX303U Laptop: i7-6500U 2.5GHz; 12GB RAM; 3200x1800
    HP Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G; 16GB RAM; 3840x2160, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060​

Comment

My wife lost her Internet connection today, on her work laptop. She panicked, tried this and that until she realized she accidentally hit the function key that turns wifi on and off. It's always something.
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
      X