Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail seem no to set up for SSL/TLS

Moin,
    I've been a KDE neon user for many years. So far I've always done dist-upgrades. That didn't work anymore, so I had to reinstall (jammy) and copy back my backup of the home directory. That worked quite well, but there are minor problems.

When I start kontact/kmail I got some more or less identical error messages (one for each of my mail accounts):

Code:
    Ressource ****@gmx.de is broken
    You requested SSL/TLS to connect *****.de but your system seem no to set up for that.

I had to film from the desktop to be able to read the text because it really only appears very briefly. Then kmail doesn't react to anything anymore, the application is frozen.​

I am using the same configuration as with the old installation (that worked), just copied back my home directory.

Seems to me that something is missing in my brand new jammy installation. Any hint?

Update: I forgot to mention that kmail works right after installing it (and recovering my home). After that I installed more packages.

Those are all removed now. The only package that sounds "suspicious" is libssl-dev. At least the error messages are gone. But kmail still freezes.​

Any hint?

Comment

Check if the ports are correct: imap=993, smtp=465 in account settings.

Comment

Moin,

Originally posted by arsivci View Post
        Check if the ports are correct: imap=993, smtp=465 in account settings.
        thanks for the food for thought, I'm a little further along. Yes, the ports are correct, I hadn't changed anything. But: The interface no longer reacts to anything, so I can't get to the configuration settings using kmail itself. But I checked the configuration files in .config/akonadi_imap_resource_?rc - they look good​

Then I ran tcpdump when I started kmail. And see traffic on the imaps port!

Then I stopped the network and started kmail again! And now kmail is trying to access the imap servers but can't without a network. But it doesn't freeze either.

If I restart the network interface and switch kmail to the "online" mode, the interface freezes. Seems to keep running the backend and also checks for e-mails.

I've checked the imap server's certificates and they haven't expired.

And now I'm at a loss again​ :-(

Edit: the number of mails in the inbox is increasing. But what I only see after a restart....
        Last edited by dd0ul; Feb 21, 2023, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Moin,

I dived deep into the topic and installed again and again from usb, what felt like a hundred times. And after the installation I worked through my "what to install afterwards" list and then checked if kmail was still working.

I found the problem with wine. This was installed:

Code:
          [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]root@solaris:~# dpkg --list *wine* | grep ^ii [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#ff5454][B]ii[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] fonts-wine 6.0.3~repack-1 all Windows API implementation - fonts [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#ff5454][B]ii[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] libkwineffects14 4:5.27.1-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build31 amd64 KDE window manager effects library [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#ff5454][B]ii[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] libwine:amd64 6.0.3~repack-1 amd64 Windows API implementation - library [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#ff5454][B]ii[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] wine 6.0.3~repack-1 all Windows API implementation - standard suite [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#ff5454][B]ii[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] wine64 6.0.3~repack-1 amd64 Windows API implementation - 64-bit binary loader[/COLOR][/FONT]

However, wine doesn't work:
          Code:
          renner@solaris:~$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\\ Files/Powermeter/RF_PowerMeter.exe
          it looks like wine32 is missing, you should install it.
          multiarch needs to be enabled first. as root, please
          execute "dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get update && apt-get install wine32"

If I do so, however, only chaos remains in the packages:

Code:
          Broken librsvg2-2:amd64 Depends on libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0:amd64 < 2.42.8+dfsg-1ubuntu0.2 @ii R > (>= 2.31.1)
          Considering libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0:amd64 5308 as a solution to librsvg2-2:amd64 5308
          Removing librsvg2-2:amd64 rather than changing libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0:amd64
          Investigating (5) qml-module-org-kde-newstuff:amd64 < 5.103.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build26 @ii K Ib >
          Broken qml-module-org-kde-newstuff:amd64 Depends on qml-module-org-kde-kcm:amd64 < 5.103.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build29 @ii R >
          Considering qml-module-org-kde-kcm:amd64 5308 as a solution to qml-module-org-kde-newstuff:amd64 5308
          Removing qml-module-org-kde-newstuff:amd64 rather than changing qml-module-org-kde-kcm:amd64

Many hundreds of lines, more warning than will fit in my terminal window's buffer.

What is the correct method of getting a wine running 32 bit applications on an AMD64 system?​

Micha
          Last edited by dd0ul; Feb 23, 2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I am confused. Why would you need wine to run kmail?

Comment

Working...
            X