[SOLVED] Appimages and the pesky xorg icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Appimages and the pesky xorg icon

OK, not a big deal. Just annoying that I can't fix it.
    I have an appimage. Victron Connect. Useful (to me). The fact that appimage icons are not respected in the task bar is well known.
    This particular one shows up with an Xorg one. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_1109_173023.png Views:	0 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	666559
    Until a while ago, I could "fix it" by changing the Xorg icon in the Breeze(dark) folder to the "proper" Victron one.
    Then it reverted to xorg in latte dock, but stayed Victron in the taskbar. Then went xorg in both. It's been months.
    I then located all possible xorg.svgs and changed them all. No luck.
    What could that icon be called, if not xorg,svg?

Not on neon at the moment, but in Kubuntu 22.10, xorg.svg (looks identical to what you've shown) exists in only two places: /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/48/xorg.svg /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/apps/48/xorg.svg

If you have in fact "located all possible xorg.svgs and changed them all", then what you are seeing could be coming from a cache. As you are using Breeze Dark, the cache is at /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/icon-theme.cache
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

And... do I just delete it and reboot?

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to delete ~/.cache/icon-cache.kcache as well. That has been the fix for inexplicable icon problems for me sometimes.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Bingo. Deleted both, and the icon is fixed :·)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1110_014705.png
Views:	164
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	666573
          Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Nov 09, 2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X