It's about time :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That all looks 100% correct.
    i can't say why you don't see the notification. I am leaning toward it being a bug maybe. I'd start the upgrade manually, if it were me.

The only other thing I can think of to check is to make sure you have not enabled the Focal-proposed repository for some odd reason in your /etc/apt/sources.list file, Also known as "pre-release updates" if you installed the Kubuntu Software Sources tool and edited your repos from there.
    This has been preventing some people from proceeding with the upgrade as it gives an error saying that their systems are not fully up to date, but I *think* they were still getting notifications.

Comment

claydoh
      This a. m. turned the computer on and guess what?
      Lo and Be hold, there was an upgrade notification that made me quite happy. I was at the point to do it manually. Any how all went well and it took about one hour and 17 minutes to completion. To me this indicates that developers perhaps do read this Forum, I hope.
      Thanks for your guidance!

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
        To me this indicates that developers perhaps do read this Forum, I hope.
        Oh, they definitely don't
        But they do hear things....
        part of the upgrade notification is on a timer, but other than that I don't know what might cause a holdup,, unless maybe they were waiting for certain updates elsewhere to come down the pike?
        Anyway .....

Comment

Working...
        X