This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] bing potd wallpaper is always one day old

I am running KDE Neon with all the latest updates. I have noticed that my Bing wallpaper is always one day behind. I have another machine that runs Kubuntu 22.04 and it correctly fetches today's wallpaper. I assume there is some place where the date needs to be changed... anyone know where that is?
    Last edited by kayvee; Sep 11, 2022, 09:27 AM.

Maybe it is a bug in the wallpaper plugin in Neon's more current version?
    As far as I can tell, it is working fine for me when I just now tested it out - at least for the US
    Only suggestion I can think of is to check if all your locale info, and even your bios clocks match on both systems. If you dual boot, maybe Windows is mucking around with the system clock on one?

Comment

Thanks claydoh did you test this in KDE neon?
      I am also in the US... how can I check locale info? AFAICT I am using en_US as my locale. My system time is set automatically and I am not dual booting. Only thing I still need to check is what my BIOS time is.
      I am leaning towards this being a bug. Just to be sure though, I will delete /home/$USER/.cache/plasma_engine_potd to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kayvee View Post
        Thanks claydoh did you test this in KDE neon?

Yes, it is my daily driver

Originally posted by kayvee View Post
        I will delete /home/$USER/.cache/plasma_engine_potd to see if that makes any difference.
        That was going to be ny next suggestion now that I have finally had some caffeine.
        As well as your ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc to maybe see what sort of settings it might have

Comment

Deleting /home/$USER/.cache/plasma_engine_potd did the trick!
          Looks like there was a glitch at some point in time and skipped a day... and the script was basically incrementing date in the existing files instead of checking the current date.

Comment

This issue is back again. I don't think it was ever fixed... after deleting the /home/$USER/.cache/plasma_engine_potd directory it reverted to the correct wallpaper only for a brief period of time and then started to fall behind by a day. I asked on the KDE forums as well. Let's see if there is a resolution for this...

Comment

Working...
            X