Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal error: E: The repository ... no longer has a Release file.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Fatal error: E: The repository ... no longer has a Release file.

$ sudo pkcon refresh
    Refreshing cache [=========================]
    Loading cache [=========================]
    Downloading packages [=========================]
    Running [=========================]
    Finished [=========================]
    Fatal error: E: The repository 'http://archive.neon.kde.org/user focal Release' no longer has a Release file.
    W: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    W: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Fixed by doing:

sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo apt --fix-broken install
    sudo pkcon update

Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 08, 2022, 10:25 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

So, what was updated, or missing?

I haven't seen this myself, and I have had only minor updates later Wed. afternoon

I suspect this may be related to the DDoS attacks on KDE the past few days, as well. They seem to have stopped. Linux.org still seems to be suffering from it. at the moment.
    Last edited by claydoh; Jun 09, 2022, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Actually:

Yes, filtering is a bit too strict after yesterday's DDoS. Neon user repositories were down again last night because the origin server for the archive website had blocked its own CDN.
      oopsie!

Comment

LOL!
        Sounds like something I would do if I got my hands on a sever!

When the commands I applied appeared to fix the problem I assumed there was something wrong with my local cache or sources.list.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 09, 2022, 01:42 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X