This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Wallpaper thumbnails

I have a little but irritating problem: I can't get rid of thumbnails of wallpapers I no longer want to use. This is especially true for an Ubuntu-based '3 trees' wallpaper which looked better than it really was. When I downloaded the thing, I got six wallpapers (all slightly different) instead of one, and then somehow I got six more. I cannot uninstall them from the 'download new wallpapers menu, nor can I uninstall others--made from photos I no longer want to use. Is there a way to do this? I'm sick of all those 3 trees thumbnails plus the Eleron wallpaper from 14.04!

Plasma 5 Image wallpapers

Plasma 5 image wallpapers are read from the:

Directories (and sub directories):
    /usr/share/wallpapers/
    $HOME/.local/share/wallpapers/

Configuration file:
    $HOME/.config/plasmarc

Comma separated list of user wallpapers:
    Code:
    [Wallpapers]
    usersWallpapers=/path/to/image.type,/path/to/image2.type,/path/to/image3.type

Wallpapers can be removed from the directories or from the plasmarc configuration file. The Wallpaper menu has an option to remove the wallpaper:

if the user has right to remove the wallpaper there is a remove button. Otherwise only the file name is shown.

Note !
    The wallpapers at the /usr/share/wallpapers/ are usually installed through the package management.
    Last edited by Rog131; Jul 07, 2017, 04:00 AM.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Ah, my mistake. I thought the the little symbol meant the wallpaper couldn't be uninstalled. They're gone now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X