This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE Wallet asking for password when opening browser

hi guys . i just migrated from mint 18.1 to kde neon. im pretty pleased with the experience so far. one thing that kept bothering me was the dreaded kwallet notifications every time i opened my browser. searching on the internet showed various complicated solutions. here is one very simple one i found. it works 100% of the time to remove those bothersome kwallet prompts. The following is copied from a forum:

I couldn't find any way to get kwallet off my system. There are some dependency issues and pacman won't let you remove the package.
    However I managed to avoid the irritating pop ups.

• First you need to remove any existing wallet. Delete the files under ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/.
    • Next time you do anything that interests Kwallet, it will pop up again. But this time it will ask you for an encryption method, blowfish or gpg. Select blowfish and when asked for a password, provide an empty password.
    • It won't ask for password anymore.

This method worked for me on kwallet 5.13. Hopefully it will work for you too.

KDE Wallet asking for password when opening browser

I disabled kwallet in system settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X