This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 5.14.0-1024-oem kernel came down the pike

this afternoon. When I rebooted my WiFi wasn't working. I had gotten it to work previously by using the info at this website. But with the new kernel the dkms stuff didn't install.
    In checking the available modules for 5.24 I noticed that the only one it had for the rtl8821ce chip was rtw88_8821ce, which didn't work on 5.13. I gave it a shot anyway
    Code:
    modprobe rtw88_8821ce
    and it worked! It has been running all afternoon without failing and gives a speed of about 433 mbps of my 533 mbps connection speed.
    I did
    Code:
    depmod -a
    to permanently lock it in and made sure the previous blacklisting's of that driver, required by the dkms solution, were eliminated.

I was also able to see access points from my Buffalo N600 router and connect using them, but I decided that the Miredo (Teredo) IPv6 tunnel was working well enough that I didn't need a hole in my cable modem firewall, so I bagged the Buffalo up and added it to my parts bin. With the addition of "filter-aaaa-on-v4" set to "false" in FireFox "about:config" it works on IPv6 sites as well. I have it set to default to IPv6 and fail over to IPv4 in 1 second.

All's well in the garden.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.
Working...
X